22 October 2012

Bathroom Design

I designed a bathroom based on my earlier concept of home. The bathroom is meant to be visitable, so the sink and toilet are wheelchair accessible. Once I decided on a design, I drafted different drawings of it, then traced them and scanned them to put them on a digital poster.
Designing the bathroom was a lot of fun. I chose more fixtures than in the kitchen, like the bathtub, shower doors, toilet, sink, mirror, and task lighting. I like my design and I think the details regarding accessibility and and relation to my concept are well done. There are a few things I would change, however. If I were to re-do the poster, I would darken the background so it matched the paint color better. I would also hand draft my titles using marker lettering and draw them bigger than the typed titles. Another issue with my poster is the darkness on the edges of some of the scanned images, which I would fix with Photoshop.
3-D bathroom model

No comments:

Post a Comment