30 April 2012

Digital Process Poster

I created a poster in InDesign summarizing the process of designing two and three-dimensional models inspired by Carleton Varney's design style. I chose an object from nature, a scallop shell, that reminded me of Varney's style and created an abstract concept of a room based on it. I am proud of how my 2-D and 3-D concept models turned out, and I think they reflect both Carleton Varney and a seashell.

I designed the 20x32" poster in two columns so the text would not be too wide to read. I used sans serif fonts for the titles and serifed fonts for the body text of my concept statement to maximize readability. I used pink and blue strips of color to bring some color to the upper left part of the composition to balance the photo of my 3-D model and to show a bit of Varney's love for stripes. I like the way my poster turned out, but I think I could have made the process sketches look neater by making them all the same width and adding a border to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment