06 April 2012

Drafting

In March, I also worked on drafting for the first time. I began by measuring all the details of a room on campus, from overall room dimensions to door openings to window sizes. After a lot of measuring and a couple drafts, I transferred a plan view, three elevations, and a materials key to the first sheet of 24"x36" vellum.

The second sheet of vellum shows an axonometric view of the south and west walls of the room as well as a section drawing and detailed drawing of the floor molding. A materials key is also included with additional materials to the first sheet.

I am proud of how my first drafting project turned out. There are a few errors on each page, but I had fun drawing rooms to scale and representing materials through different symbols.

No comments:

Post a Comment