01 May 2012

Room Project

For this project, I chose an object from nature that reminded me of Carleton Varney's design style. I picked a scallop shell and drew it from five different perspectives. Then I designed a two-dimensional concept model that reflected my ideas, and eventually designed a three-dimensional abstract room. I compiled all my work into three 20x30" poster boards.

2-D concept model



Process work that led to my final 3-D model



Final 3-D model


In addition to my digital process poster, I also created the following three poster boards including a more detailed description of the creative process of my room project.






In this poster: photo of Carleton Varney, concept statement, seashell sketches, inspirational quote by Varney
In this poster: 2-D concept process work, final 2-D concept model, room concept ("A Room with Five Columns"), 3-D concept process work, plan drawing of 3-D model

In this poster: north and south elevations of 3-D model 

No comments:

Post a Comment