07 December 2012

Residence Design

Now that I have learned about kitchen and bathroom design and reviewed my designs for two apartments and a common space with my peers and professional interior designers, I created a final summary of my designs and their process. I created four posters describing my design. 


The first poster summarizes the development of my concept.

The second poster shows a floor plan at 1/8"-1'0" of the one bedroom apartment and the common space with a few elevations of the apartment.

The third poster includes more elevations, a 1/4"=1'0 floor plan of both apartments and the common space as well as a few furniture pieces for the living room and perspective drawings.

The fourth and final poster shows appliances and furniture for the bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen, and a perspective drawing of the kitchen.

Using my concept and knowledge about kitchen and bathroom design, I developed a floor plan for the space. I chose materials and then drew elevations and perspectives of how I designed the apartments and common space. The biggest improvement I noticed in this project was my ability to visualize and draw a space through elevations or perspectives. I think my project has a lot of strengths, and I put a lot of thought into my design. However, there are many weaknesses as well. After presenting my final design to practicing designers, I realized that I should have focused a lot more on natural lighting. I also struggled to arrange all the images on my four posters.

No comments:

Post a Comment